About Hicks Financial Partners
As a financial planner of Garrett Investment Advisors, an SEC-registered firm, our goal is to provide competent, objective financial planning and investment advice accessible to all individuals.
At Hicks Financial Partners, we want to discover what is important to you and see your vision of where you want to go with your money and provide you with the planning to get there.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN:
- Integrity: To be honest and fair.
- Objectivity: Unbiased and data driven information.
- Confidentiality: Our relationship will be built on trust.
- Professionalism: We will engage in the most professional manner.
- Authentic: Be who you are
- Clarity: Easy to understand and remember
- Simple: Is usually better
- Financial Planning: is an ongoing process
- Do the right thing. If you do the right thing you generate trust.
- Do everything to the best of your ability with the time allotted. This means the little things. They make a difference. This is a commitment to excellence.
- Duty of care for client. We are a strong supporter of the Fiduciary Standard and Oath.
- Place my clients’ best interests first
- Act with prudence; with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional
Tim Hicks, CFP®
I started Hicks Financial Partners, an office of Garrett Investment Advisors, in order to provide fiduciary, fee-only financial planning and investment management.
I want to help you bring clarity to your financial well-being. I want to know your goals and priorities. I want to find out where you want to go; I call this your destination. I want to align your goals, priorities, and destination with your money.
My life experiences are a big part of what I bring to your table. I earned a Computer Engineering degree from North Carolina State University in 1999 and for 15 years worked as a Software Engineer and Software Architect for Fortune 500 companies. However, my interest was always in helping others and truly making a difference in their lives. I was not initially sure how to enter the Financial Services industry and act only as a Fiduciary but that was my one and only goal. I am delighted to be part of Garrett Investment Advisors and Garrett Planning Network where our primary focus is to act in the best interest of our clients at all times and serve as a Fiduciary. In my opinion, that is the way it should always be when helping other with their finances but unfortunately many times that is not the case.
I have earned three designations: Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) and Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA). I am also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAFPA) and Garrett Planning Network.
I live in Southern Pines, NC with my wife and three kids. We love to spend time as a family at our beach house in Sunset Beach, NC and participate in sports activities and serve in our local church.